Saturday, March 1, 2008

Canberra

It has been over a fortnight since I arrived here in Canberra. I arrived here on the 13th of February. It was a journey brimming of apprehension and hope. There was apprehension as I was leaving home for a foreign land the very first time in my life. Leaving the security of family and friends and to a certain extent, my homeland proved to be a combo that was tough to swallow. Swallow I did, but not without shedding any tears. Yet there was hope of new doors opening; a clean slate promising to erase the screw ups of yesterday. The end of one chapter marks the beginning of the next. So turns a page...

Welcome to Canberra, Australia


The scenery here in Canberra is breathtaking. The Australian flora and fauna gave me a surreal sensation when I arrived initially, being so used to the standard green shades of tropical plants.



Black swans

So that's all for a day! I'll be blogging more about how I spent my orientation week (which really wasn't that productive, taking into account that I skipped about 90% of the activities).

Canberra is a new dawn in life. I may be naive for believing that things will change for the better, but hope is a fair enough reason to keep me going.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

0 comments: