Friday, April 4, 2008

Thorns

Its been 4 months since I made that fateful decision to undergo a self-imposed exile.

Well, not in the literal sense, but choosing to sever old (dysfunctional?) social ties without any alternatives to hang onto may be perceived as foolhardy by many. I typically consider myself to be heavily risk-adverse, but in this case I have no concrete answers as to why I threw caution to the wind. Could it be that I have had enough of the persistent irritants, which are nothing more than thorns?



I must admit that I went into it as a blind gamble, but as with the game of life, you win some, you lose some. Then again, there are the moments of cold dejection after constantly learning that life will rarely, if ever cut you any slack.

It's been almost two years already, hasn't it? Yes, its been that long since I've had to wear those forced smiles and hollow laughter to mask the revulsion and acrimony. I never fail to see through those back-handed compliments and knowing smirks.

However, this round I have the last laugh. So live with it or blah.

0 comments: