Monday, April 7, 2008

Adrift

It should have been imprisoned in the distant past, yet glimpses of it on a daily basis never fail to evoke those memories which haunt me. Bits and pieces of yesterday piece together to form a portrait of agony for tomorrow.

No roots- no respect or recognition. Such simplistic logic equates to rejection, made all the more severe by the fact that it is done by my own people. What am I, but adrift, if my own people and country will not accept me?

It was my past, yet it shall also be my future.

4 comments:

JameS said...

don't worry joel

u still have singapore :)
and your singapura friends :))

we will introduce you to the hidden world of food when u come over... it would be futile to resist.

nothing like food to heal the pain :)

Ben J said...

hmm. it's still a prob there eh? nvm wei. hopefully it'll get better la. remember that hope is sometimes all we have. i do beleive u said that. =P so don't give up k. =)

Joel said...

James,
I'll have anything that singapore has to offer with just two very very trivial conditions:
1. No carbs!
2. No fats!
Hope I'm not being too fussy eh ;)
Hahaha.

Ben,
Hope is all there is to have left at times. No more, no less.

JameS said...

dear joel

u've got the facts of life all wrong.

let me impart my drops of wisdom to you:
Why do we exercise?
SO WE CAN EAT MORE!!!

live hard.
eat hard.

oh yea :)