Friday, July 18, 2008

Far from grace,...

...further than I could ever imagine.

Warning : Emo Code Red

A long torturous downward spiral toward impending doom...

It was barely a year ago I was brimming with confidence, full of conviction and ruthlessly bold. So much, too much in fact, have changed in the span of a year. Was it fear? Pain? I do not know. All I know is that my resolve chipped away and eventually shattered. Certainly I did not choose to tread on this path. Yet I am consigned to an almost-certain doom no matter which road I take now. Walk the high road (or should I say tight rope) and lead a life of despair or embrace the darkness, and await whatever death that lies at the end of the road. My, what cheery options I have.

Have I landed at the bottom of this pit? Or is there a lower level awaiting me tomorrow?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be quick to assume that your ship sinking.

Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven
and you are on earth, so let your words be few.

-Ecclesiastes 5:2

Remember what the God has to say regarding hope:

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
-Psalms 42:11

Melvin said...

I wrote the above comment....