Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A new page

It's been months, if not years and yet things still remain relatively unchanged. The vitriol of the yesteryears is threatening to boil over after remaining dormant for so long. Wounds heal with the passage of time, but it is not so with scars; they last a lifetime. Though what is a little bile now compared to the large doses I had to swallow back then with an emotionless mask of a face? Certain things do change, but others linger on obstinately. Naivety, I suppose, has long been lost to the storms of life. I may have left the past in the flesh, but my soul firmly refuses to budge.

Can I bring the chapter of yesterday to closure and turn the page?

2 comments:

JameS said...

ahh... joel... now i know what u're getting at...

but still, why don't u write about happier things?

like your girlfriend..

the one and only




ms siew yoke :)

Joel said...

So much cheaper to date her back home :)